Criteria – Abilities, not Marksheets
To select a candidate, we do not look at exam-results; rather we consider abilities, motivations and values of the candidate. We consider the candidates’ understanding of India’s pressing problems and the commitment and approach to solving these.
Diversity in Selection
While aiming for the best candidates from all over India, our focus remains on Middle India, and an even geographic spread within India. We also aim for equal representation of male-female candidates. Jagriti Yatra includes upto 40 exceptional international candidates whose global exposure adds to the richness of the Yatra.
The Yatri Composition
Yatris selected for the Yatra can either be a ‘Participant’ or a ‘Facilitator’.
Facilitators are experienced professionals, over 28 years of age, who are keen to join the movement for Enterprise-led development. They may be entrepreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs or other professionals.
A facilitator plays the dual role of a mentor and coordinator during the Yatra and is assigned a cohort of 6 participants to:
- Support the participants to make the most of the Yatra by managing individual and collaborative learning
- Manage the cohort throughout the journey as per the Yatra Mantra (Code of Conduct)
- Act as a bridge between the participants and the organizing team
Responsibilities of the facilitators require them to be fluent in either English or Hindi languages.
Participants are young candidates above 21 years who want to ‘be the change they want to see’ and have the potential to become entrepreneurs and change-makers.
Interested candidates may apply online by filling up the main application form
Interested candidates may apply online by filling up the main application form The application consists of a series of essay-type questions designed to ascertain your suitability for the Yatra. It is a subjective evaluation of the raw entrepreneurial potential within a candidate by a selection panel of more than 30 experts spread across the globe. Random interviews and reference checks are also conducted to ascertain veracity of candidature.
Facilitators' applications are further evaluated on their professional experience and ability to communicate, coordinate and manage youth. This is usually done through additional information in the form and an informal telephonic interview.
Once your application is selected, further financial details are required if you’re seeking a scholarship, to help us identify deserving candidates.
STEPS TO BECOME A YATRI
Submit your written application
1. Apply Now: Click on the "Apply Now" button to access the registration form.
2. Submit Registration Form: Fill out the registration form and submit it. You'll receive an email to verify your email account.
3. Activate Account: To activate your account, simply click on the verification link provided in the email.
4. Login: Visit the Jagriti Yatra website and log in using your registered email address and the password you set during registration.
5. Pay Processing Fee: Complete the payment of INR 100 as the Jagriti Yatra application processing fee.
6. Access Application: After successful payment, your application form will become accessible. Click on "Edit Application Form" to open it. The application consists of three sections:
- Personal Details
- Enterprise Involvement
- General Aptitude
7. Complete Application: Fill out the application form following the provided instructions in each section.
8. Submit Application: Once you've filled out all sections, submit your application.
Upon being shortlisted, you qualify for the next round of the selection process - Video Interview
1. Receive Notification: Keep an eye on your email inbox. If you're shortlisted in the first round, you'll receive an email notifying you of your qualification for the next stage.
2. Login to JY website : Access the Jagriti Yatra Portal and locate the video interview link. Click on the link and Log in using your registered email ID and phone number, then verify your identity with an OTP.
Note: Ensure that your login credentials match those registered on the Jagriti Yatra Portal.
3. Conduct Video Interview: Complete your video interview according to the provided instructions.
4. Submit Interview: After finishing the interview, submit it through the portal.
5. Confirmation: Await confirmation of your interview submission. You'll receive an acknowledgment via email or WhatsApp. Capture a screenshot of this confirmation for your records.
6. Submission: Log in to the Jagriti Yatra portal and upload the screenshot taken. Your application is fully submitted.
*Note: You can submit a screenshot of either an email or WhatsApp message confirming your submission.*
1. Scholarship Opportunity: Selected candidates will receive an email inviting them to apply for a scholarship. Before deciding, you can review the fees structure on the selection procedure page of the website.
(Note: If you have the financial capability, it's recommended to consider paying the full fees.)
2. Scholarship Application: For those opting for a scholarship, submit income proof documents along with a brief statement explaining why you deserve the scholarship on the JY portal. If you're not applying for a scholarship, you can simply submit a blank document on the JY portal.
3. Review Process: Once your application is reviewed, you'll receive an email specifying the allotted scholarship along with payment details for the Jagriti Yatra fees.
4. Payment Contribution: Log in to the portal and proceed to make the contribution for Jagriti Yatra as per the provided payment details.
The Application Process
Applicants can apply online Application Link
Applications are accepted in English and Hindi. There is Rs 100/- application fee for applying. The relevant Yatra fees are applicable only if you’re selected.
Start your application by registering on https://jagritiyatra.com/registration.php .
You can select your choice of language at the time of registration. Candidates applying in Hindi don’t need any special software or hardware to fill in the form. We have tried to make this as simple as typing in English.
Filling up the application form requires you to think carefully about your answers. For this, if you don’t have easy access to the internet, you may note down the questions and work on your application offline. You can come back to type out or copy-paste your final answers in one go.
Organising a 2-week train journey with supporting personnel and delivering a rich program with exceptional role models, calls for significant expenditure. The Yatra fee helps us cover these expenses in part. Candidates with sound financial backgrounds are encouraged to pay the full amount as per chart given below.
Candidates who apply for scholarships are carefully assessed and scholarships are granted to the most deserving.
We aim to support all the Yatris through various levels of scholarship.
Scholarship opportunities are awarded on the basis of merit and financial need of the candidate. Selected applicants will need to fill up the additional Scholarship Form if they wish to apply for a scholarship in their application. All the candidates seeking a scholarship must submit supporting official income documents.
We also urge selected Yatris to look for alternative sources of financial aid. We have a brief guide to help Yatris in approaching funding sources like trusts, colleges and corporations to raise their own fees.
|Jagriti Yatra 24
THE TOTAL YATRA FEE INCLUDES REGISTRATION FEE OF INR 7000 and GST
We allocate scholarships based on need and on a first-come, first-serve basis. We only have 450 seats for JY24
|Yatra Contribution Fee
|Till 31st May
|After 31st May
|After 15th July
|After 15th Aug
|After 15th Sept
|After 30th Sept
|International Candidates / NRI
|*The amount of the fee will be applicable on the date of payment.
*Scholaships are need based for economically weeker section or for those who cannot pay the full fee. if you do not need scholarship, kindly write to us at email@example.com after your selection
*EMI facility available
You can opt for the EMI Option for 6 months if you start payment in May and 3 months if you start payment From or after july. No EMI shall be entertained from or after Nov.
|Jagriti Yatra Cancellation or Refunds (Without EMI)
|Date - 2024
|% of refund on total fee paid
|Till 31st July 2024
|From 1st Aug - 31st Aug
|From 1st Sept - 30th Sept
|From 1st Oct - 15th Oct
|After 15th Oct
|If you choose the EMI option & cancel to participate in the Yatra for this year 7% will be deducted as Jagriti Yatra will be bearing the cost of EMI.
Transaction cost of 2.5% will be deducted while refunding over and above the total % of refund.
Amidst this current calamity, the onus is on us more than ever to keep pushing the message of hope and human development. The collective decision has been taken to move ahead with our plans to conduct Jagriti Yatra 2022, a journey of hope and positivity bringing the best of both worlds together.
We realize that this is a very sombre time for the nation and all of us as a people, but we are at an inflexion point. We let ourselves be beaten to the brow by the economic devastation it has left in its wake, or rise up to the occasion, remember the pledge we took to build this country through enterprise and spread the positivity of hope and the act upon the drive to succeed against all odds will allow us to defeat this invisible enemy. At the same time, we cannot be unsafe and irresponsible.
With an eye towards the future and an ear listening to advise by the experts, we have taken the decision to traverse the route again.Close